As part of the crew, you will work with an experience foremen who will teach you the skilled trade of fence/deck design and installation. You will work with a wide variety of materials, including chain link, wood, wrought iron and special materials and applications that the customer may require. Job sites will include everything from people's homes to commercial businesses and industrial sites. Because there are so many different products, sites, and layouts, we require someone who is willing to learn to work with new materials and tools. Because Canada Fences gets a large amount of business from satisfied customers, we value consistent, high quality work, a positive attitude and most important, team work.
Duties of a crew member will include the following tasks:
- Assist in laying out the fence lines from a drawing, and/or property pins
- Project straight lines and perpendicular in the field
- Use a string line, sight poles, or level for placing fence posts
- Dig post holes with hand tools, power tools, and/or power equipment according to Canada Fences quality standards. Do not take short cuts and dig smaller or shallower holes that could jeopardize the strength and durability of the fence framework.
- Prepare concrete by hand or with a cement mixer
- Set posts using concrete, or anchors according to Canada Fences quality standards.
Chain Link Fence, Wood Fence, Wrought Iron Fence:
- Erect different chain link fence framing schemes, including gate and end bracing
- Install tension wires where applicable
- Splice chain link fabric and perform bias cutting
- Stretch chain link fabric on a straight run or on inside curves
- Properly tie in fabric according to Canada Fences quality standards
- Perform assembly of wood fence in the field, always following Canada Fences quality standards for workmanship
- Assist in assembly of chain link, wood, and wrought iron gates
- Perform basic assembly and erection of and wrought iron fence
Canada Fences supplies all the tools and equipment you need to do your job safely and with high quality. At Canada Fences, we believe in buying the best equipment, and we depend on our employees to maintain the equipment and use it appropriately to prolong its useful life. Tools that are well maintained and used properly can make your work significantly easier. You will be required to learn to use some or all of the tools listed below:
Digging bars, post hole diggers, shovels, tape measures (25', 100', 300'), levels, hacksaws, bow saws, files, wrenches, vise and vise grips, post drivers, cable pullers, pull jacks, spreaders and eveners, line levels.
Power Tools & Equipment:
Compound mitre saw, chain saw, circular saw, reciprocating saw, air compressor, concrete mixer, drill press, pedestal grinder, generator, cordless screw gun, electric drill, pneumatic nailer, portable band saw, jack hammer, level, ladder.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Courtesy to customers
- Read labels and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Ability and desire to perform physical labour outdoors. To maintain a steady pace of hard work during an eight hour or more day during hot, mild, and cold weather
- Ability to calculate basic arithmetic required for installations, such as reading a measuring tape and level
- Valid driver’s license if hired as a driver
- Ability or willingness to learn to safely operate power tools such as an auger, chain saw or cut off saw
- Mobility for pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and pushing a wheel barrow
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders to heights up to 15 feet
- Manual dexterity with hand tools such as pliers and hammers
- Must have safety shoes and personal safety glasses. Personal Tool belt is appreciated
- Canada Fence Supplies company apparel such as hats and shirts
Applications are now being accepted at:
Canada Fence INC.